LYNIS This security tool provides security professionals and Linux users with a powerful tool to measure security efforts. It is easy to use, you don’t even need to install it! – You will need to give it privileges though if you wish to see it’s full potential. Head over to cisofy.com >> download >> lynis to get […]
Read more "Security Auditing Tool: Lynis"
Some handy little network commands you should know. $ watch ss -tp $ netstat -ant $ netstat -tulpn $ lsof -i $ smb:// ip /share $ share user x.x.x.x c$ $ smbclient -U user\\\\ ip \\ share $ ifconfig eth# ip / cidr $ ifconfig ethO:l ip / cidr $ route add default gw gw_ip […]
Read more "Linux Network Commands: RTFM"
Seek & destroy those pesky unwanted bugs that crawl your system – spying on you, threatening your day to day life online and off.
an open source antivirus engine for detecting trojans, viruses, malware & other malicious threats.
ClamAV® is an open source (GPL) anti-virus engine used in a variety of situations including email scanning, web scanning, and end point security. It provides a number of utilities including a flexible and scalable multi-threaded daemon, a command line scanner and an advanced tool for automatic database updates.
$sudo apt-get update
$apt-get install clamav
Installation instructions for supported operating systems
A must have tool in the arsenal against malicious threats.
Read more "Destroy Trojans, Viruses, Malware & Other Malicious Threats."
Ghostery will show you the hidden content tracking you every moment on the web
Read more "Just one more method: Protecting your online privacy – GHOSTERY"
A fix like this generally takes about half an hour to complete. So lets do it.
– Soldering iron
– Solder wire
– Heat shrink tubing
– Small screwdriver
– Glue gun
– Lighter (for shrinking the tubes)
Here is the culprit.
1. Remove battery pack
2. Remove RAM
3. Undo screws from underside
4. Clip out keyboard and disconnect
5. Work around the outside of the laptop, separating the fascia from the base – includes touchpad
6. Reveal the guts
7. Disconnect the culprit plug
8. Cut the insulation to reveal the wire, snip it, measure a new length
9. Slide on a new length of heat shrink tubing
10. Solder the wire ends and heat the tubing to shrink, covering both of the newly formed joins.
11. *optional – Use a larger width of shrink tube now, It needs to fit over the plug and wire. Shrink this over the two parts.
12. You should now have a nice strong join. Put it all back together and power it up!
Read more "Laptop repair | Power ac adapter connection"
On the Ubuntu host I installed VirtualBox an mounted the live ISO of untangle 32bit. In VirtualBox settings for this machine > Network > Configured first network card (wlan0) as the external > then a second network device as Internal (Intnet) > made sure the mac address’s didn’t conflict > Started up the machine , […]
Read more "Virtual Private Network @ Home = Ubuntu + VirtualBox + Untangle + OpenVPN"